Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Droid 2 Desktop Cradle - Universal For All Smartphones

Here is my latest idea of what to do with the ends of logs and branches after I am done cutting log slices. 
I had to make one for myself, so I figured other people might want one also.  I searched and searched the internet for a heavy-duty cell phone holder for my desktop when tethering to my PC.  I bought a plastic holder, and it tips over.  I bought a media desktop stand, which has a magnet on the back and activates the media center, which I don't need or want.  I just wanted a  holder for my desktop.  So I made one.  Let me know if you want one too.    I have other ideas in mind for different designs, but this is what I cut so far.  Check back later for more options.

Droid 2 in horizontal position.  Add a magnet to access Media mode.

A simple carpet tack will be included so that you can secure your USP cord to the cradle to fit your phone.  I will include several tacks so that you can personalize your stand.  By tacking the cord to the wood, and then plugging in your phone, it secures the phone so that it doesn't fall off the stand if bumped.

Droid 2 in Vertical position.  Elm wood.
Tall stand made from Poplar wood.  I wanted to bring the phone up and away from the PC to minimize signal interferences.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project. I really would love to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, your image absolutely mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete