Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Winter Is Almost Here

Sawyer cutting up 10 large pine logs into 1" thick boards
It is November 12, 2010, and we are expecting our first measurable snowfall this coming week.

With plenty for me to still get done outside, I am a little behind on updating my website and this blog.    I still have to finish insulating the ceiling of the new shop so that I can work in their comfortably during the winter.  Then I have to move my new logs into the shop, build a new jig table for the new saw, and start slicing and dicing up wood slices.

I had a sawyer cut up the big pine logs that were cut down last summer to clear the land for the new shop.  This has occupied a lot of my time, and for the last two days solid I have been stacking the wood so that it dries.  I still have the slab-wood to deal with, as some of it will be for sale, and some will be given away.  This project has really caused a delay in finalizing the shop and cutting wood rounds, but it simply had to be done, or the logs would have just gone to waste.

Everyone's patience is greatly appreciated.    Please check my website for updated products.

Don't forget, I have the E-Z Tenon cutter available for those of you who want to start building your own log furniture.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete