Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

New Shop Update.....Class 5?

CLASS 5?



Well, the electrician finished up yesterday. Now I just have a few final touches to do like pound in the grounding rod, get switch plate covers, and clean up. Then I can start building a workbench and some shelves and cabinets. I am reluctant to move in my machinery because of the MUCK problem.

It cost $230 for this mess. I am furious.

I thought I would be neighborly and buy the dirt from the guy down the street, Benji Dearborn. When he said he hasn't had any work all summer I should have thought more about that statement.

Not only is it NOT class 5, he has a created a bigger problem for me, as some of the binder is setting up and it's nearly impossible to get a shovel into the side of the garage that I need to slope down so that the pool of water can drain down.

I don't have big toys or machinery to do this. Just my shovel, rake and my own muscle power. Benji came out, per my request, to view the situation. He told me that he did exactly what I said I wanted. He called back later to say that he could get an auger and drill a hole for the water, which told me all I needed to know.

There is somewhat of an urgency here, because the ground will be freezing solid soon, and it will be too late to fix it this year. Then I will REALLY have a mess in the spring. I realize I have to install some gutters on the front of the garage to direct some of the water away from the front of the garage, but there's only so much time in the day.

I really need to get my saws and tools into the new garage and start filling orders. I am really behind. I cannot afford to spend another weekend moving dirt. It kills me that I had to pay for this mess.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy this is Ms. Inka from Atlanta, just checking on you, glad to see you moving in the direction to complete your shop, we should expect road blocks to completion, but it will all pay off in the long run, sorry to read about your disappointment in trying to give a neighbor some work, good job from your attempt, bad job from your neighbor, but life moves on Sandy you did what you thought was right, it wiil work out just fine. Looking good Sandy, looking forward to doing business with you, remember I will be making custom earrings to fund for making hair pieces for women suffering hair loss from various diseases such as Cancer. God Bless you Sandy and well wishes your web site look and works great. MS. Inka Atlanta April 6th 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog and I think your article is so awesome!! I love antiques and what a way to go green!! I think the towels would just be so adorable also. Thanks for sharing the story about how it was made. Makes it that more special! Take care, Fran.

    ReplyDelete